Klook.com

Home-made Lemon Iced Tea

homemade lemon iced tea www.jeepneyrecipes.com


Home-made Lemon iced Tea


So, you finally want to make your own lemon iced tea huh?! What makes you decide to make it from the scratch? Perhaps you got bored from the usual easy-to-prepare straight from the pack iced tea or maybe you're simply curious about what the home-made fresh lemon iced tea tastes like. Whatever your reason is, you got to the right place.

Making refreshing drinks on your own is quite amazing, especially if you personally like the result of what you have made. Plus the fact that you're sure that it's safe, clean, fresh and no preservatives added.

My 2 kids love iced tea so much, they ask for it almost everyday. It's all right with me, but I'm a bit worried about the "powdered" thing and if you check the ingredients label you can see many artificial additives in it. If I let my kids drink powdered iced tea everyday, I won't be surprised if they double their weight in just a couple of months and I have to blame it to the amount of sugar content of this drink.

So what I did is, I made my own lemon iced tea from a scratch and here are the ingredients.


Ingredients:

  • 8 cups of water
  • 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 6 tea bags

How to make Lemon Iced Tea:

  1. Bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil.
  2. Drop 6 tea bags into the water and remove from heat. Cover with a lid and allow steeping for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Once the tea has been sufficiently steeped, remove the tea bags and add the sugar and lemon juice. Stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
  4. Let cool, then transfer to a pitcher, cover and refrigerate.
  5. chill at least four hours before serving.


Did you like it? If you think this article was helpful, please help by sharing it, by inviting your friends to like Jeepney Recipes Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jeepneyrecipes, by subscribing to my youtube channel, by subscribing to this website, and by adding me in your circle. Thanks!
Home-made Lemon Iced Tea Home-made Lemon Iced Tea Reviewed by Jake Arandela on Friday, August 15, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

Klook.com
Powered by Blogger.